Episode 78 Tops Trends of 2016 & Trend Predictions for 2017
December 28, 2016 § 2 Comments
Happy Holidays! As we move into the start of our fourth year of our podcast, we end our last episode of 2016 by discussing the major trends we observed during the 2016 as we flipped resources into our Flipboard magazine (http://bit.ly/trendsandissues). We have three trends that we discuss and four “mini” trends that we pass along. These trends are:
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
- Online Learning
- Security Issues
The mini trends were drones, voice and audio interactions, the Internet of Things, and coding (especially at the K-12 level).
We end the episode by gazing into the crystal ball to make predictions for 2017. We predict:
- Continued applications of virtual reality and augmented reality in educational contexts
- Discussions about effective learning experiences–specifically about online learning
- Increased push of coding as a content area in K-12
- Expanded focus on mobile learning
To cite the Trends & Issues podcast:
Brown, A. & Green, T. (Producers). (2016, December 30). Trends and Issues in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, and Learning Sciences [Audio Podcast]. Retrieved from http://trendsandissues.com/
Our next podcast episode will be January 9, 2017.