Episode 105 Trends for January 13-25: Hardware & Software, Digital Citizenship, Online Teaching & Learning, and Net Neutrality
January 26, 2018 § Leave a Comment
We discuss the trends and issues we observed during the weeks that include January 13-25, 2018 as we flipped resources into our Flipboard magazine (http://bit.ly/trendsandissues). We discuss four trends: hardware and software, digital citizenship, online teaching and learning, and Net Neutrality. The crystal ball is quite merky; it is unclear what the next two weeks will bring.
We have five recommended readings for this episode. They are:
- CES 2018: An Adventure Through Today’s New Tech for Learning by Hester Tinti-Kane
- You Spend Nearly a Whole Day Each Week on the Internet by Steven Musil
- Online Courses are Harming the Students Who Need the Most Help by Susan Dynarski
- Confounding Traditional and Open Online Courses by Joshua Kim
- FCC Blocks Two Cheapskate Tactics Internet Service Providers Wanted to Use by Ben Lovejoy
The next episode will air on February 9, 2018.
Brown, A. & Green, T. (Producers). (2018, January 26). Trends and issues in instructional design, educational technology, and learning sciences [Audio Podcast]. Retrieved from http://trendsandissues.com/