Episode 104 Trends for January 1-12: Hardware & Software, Security, Digital Citizenship, and Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality
January 12, 2018 § Leave a Comment
We discuss the trends and issues we observed during the weeks that include January 1-12, 2018 as we flipped resources into our Flipboard magazine (http://bit.ly/trendsandissues). We discuss four trends: hardware and software, security, digital citizenship, and augmented reality and virtual reality. A numer of resources about the Consumer Electronics Show that recently took place in Las Vegas were flipped into our Flipboard magazine.
We have four recommended readings for this episode. They are:
- Best Tech of CES 2018 by Mashable Tech Team
- With WPA3, Wi-Fi Security is About to Get a lot Tougher by Zack Whittaker
- 5 Things to Know About Kids and Their Screen Time by Anya Kamenetz
- Does VR Have a Place in EdTech? by Monica Burns
The next episode will air on January 26, 2018.
Brown, A. & Green, T. (Producers). (2018, January 12). Trends and issues in instructional design, educational technology, and learning sciences [Audio Podcast]. Retrieved from http://trendsandissues.com/
Episode 67 Trends for July 11-24 Pokemon Go, Mobile & Online Learning, and 3D Printing Security Issues
July 25, 2016 § 1 Comment
We discuss the trends and issues we observed during the weeks of July 11-24 as we flipped resources into our Flipboard magazine (http://bit.ly/trendsandissues). We discuss three trends. The first is the return of VR and AR–specifically augmented reality with the popularity of Pokemon Go. The second trend was online learning and mobile learning. The third trend was 3D printing. A number of resources discussed applications of 3D printing, but the major story-line was security issues related to 3D printing.
We have three recommended readings.
- The Science Behind How Pokemon Go Became the Most Viral App Ever (in Less Than 10 Days) by Tom Popomaronis http://www.inc.com/tom-popomaronis/the-science-behind-how-pokemon-go-became-the-most-viral-app-ever-in-less-than-10.html
- 95 Awesome Social Media Facts You Should Not Ignore by Jeff Bullas https://medium.com/@jeffbullas/95-awesome-social-media-facts-you-should-not-ignore-ae15fee44e78#.7mlwray3y
- Horizon Report Touts Collaborative, Project-Based Learning by Kristen Decarr http://www.educationnews.org/technology/horizon-report-touts-collaborative-project-based-learning/
Our next episode will air August 8.
To cite the Trends & Issues podcast:
Brown, A. & Green, T. (Producers). (2016, July 25). Trends and issues in instructional design, educational technology, and learning sciences [Audio Podcast]. Retrieved from http://trendsandissues.com/